Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2021, 05:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Last 10 Shouts:
January 25, 2020, 05:42:03 PM
We are on Facebook
July 29, 2019, 02:49:54 AM
Is the club dead?  My bikes been down a long time and now with the fever again I find this place a ghost town
March 26, 2019, 06:44:08 PM
Yeah I'm here dude
June 25, 2017, 05:41:28 AM
Anyone in here?
April 09, 2017, 05:18:56 PM
Anyone know a good attorney for speeding tickets who can work in Illinois?  
April 01, 2017, 11:18:48 AM
he has told me he is going to COTA
April 01, 2017, 11:18:21 AM
I have Info on Toasty
March 13, 2017, 03:23:36 AM
All this snow can eat shit, I wanna ride.
January 30, 2017, 07:59:36 AM
Looking Better Spring Clean
January 27, 2017, 11:53:10 AM
Taking out the trash I see
Members
Total Members: 704
Latest: will race for coffee
Stats
Total Posts: 39066
Total Topics: 2531
Online Today: 24
Online Ever: 183
(June 15, 2008, 08:31:09 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Natchez Trace????  (Read 3902 times)
scout
Staff

Somethings are better on one wheel!

« on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:37 AM »

I am making a camping/moto trip along this road in the spring.  I am looking for first hand knowledge or helpful advice here.  Please do not direct me to some generic google search for help!  I am going to start in Nashville and head south to Jackson or possibly Natchez?  Thanks in advance boys.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:02:59 PM by scout » Logged

If you are in the Lafayette area, get a hold of me!
sTD
Go Kart Track Day Winner Treasurer
Staff

so ride like a knob

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:32 AM »

Sounds like fun, though like the Blue Ridge, there's a moderate amount of RV, Harley, and minivan traffic on the weekends.  Also like the Blue Ridge, the speed limit is low (45 or 50, if memory serves) and getting busted is expensive since it's a National Park.  Pdog and I rode part of it years ago, and got fed up with it pretty quick, so we bailed and took side roads (dirt!) instead.

But if you want to chill and cruise, it's beautiful.

Check out www.advrider.com for info.

Multi/Hyper Adventure Gear - www.strada-avventurosa.com

scout
Staff

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »

My Pops has a lowered softail and he will be joining me and my brothers.  My searched have turned not a lot for sport minded riders....  I saw one sight called it "THE HARLEY HIGHWAY"  Just looking for something that would cater to an s2r1000, gsxr600, gs500e, and a lowered softail deluxe....  This kind fit the bill, but our options are open.

godzuki
Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »

i dont know what natchez trace is but i do know the area of the blue ridge parkway. what time of year are you going. if you go early spring say may april or late fall in sept oct you will have a ton less traffic down there. a great road for riding sport bikes is 28 it goes all the way from the dragon store at the end of the dragon to wahlhala sc and 90% of it is nice and twisty. i have a loop i and my buddies would ride down there where we go through NC, SC, GA, and back to NC. we stayed in robbinsville NC and road out each day from there on different loops. i have several maps i use because i havent put anything in a gps i have them all in my JPS.

actualy we only ride the dragon mid week, other wise the traffic is so heavy on the weekends is not fun at all. the blue ridge is fun in the spring and mid week aswell almost nill for traffic, we took it a few hundy miles then get back off and loop back through roads here and there. we also bring down the dirty bikes and do alot of duel sporting in the last few years. let me know when and were and ill go get my maps and i can put some loops together for ya. the real limiter of your rides is going to be that harely lol, hes not gonna keep up much but i can say he will see the same nice scenery you do.
scout
Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »

Sorry for taking so long to reply....  I am going to go from April 25th-April 29th.  I am either riding or trailering to Nashville, TN then going to ride around the city for the day.  The next day the plan is to head East and camp.  My Pops is a hardcore moto/camper.  He and his friends are roughly planning th trip but are open for most anything.  The idea was to ride the Smoky region and camp for 3 days at a different destination.  I have purchased a ventura pack system for the monster, a solo tent, and still need to pick up a few more supplies (sleeping pad and coffee pot).  As the time gets closer I will contact you for more details. The Harley has been recently traded in for a Road King, hopefully it does much better than the lowered softail.

agaduc996
Staff &
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »

Hey Travis, sounds like it will be a fun trip for you and your pops. Go pick yourself up a Jetboil. It is the cooking stove you saw me use on our spring trip. You can get a french press kit for it so you can cook all your food and coffee.  As for a sleeping pad I use a thermarest Neo-Air. it packs down to the size of a soup can and inflates to 2.5" thick so it is comfy on the roughest ground.

2007 Multistrada 1100s
2001 996
scout
Staff

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:41 AM »

Drew, if i would have had more time last night i was going to call you about what you mentioned.  Jet boil and press is on the list!  My brothers are wanting to do a little Brown County trip just a short two day thing, you know to make sure we have everything.

sTD
Go Kart Track Day Winner Treasurer
Staff

so ride like a knob

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

Forget the press, and use the Starbucks instant coffee packets - decent, and no press mess to clean up.  But yeah, for travel here in the States, a Jetboil rocks.

Multi/Hyper Adventure Gear - www.strada-avventurosa.com

ducatisarge
Hooligan

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »

I did the trace last fall from Nashville to Natchez all the way to the Gulf and over to Austin, TX. A little straight and flat for my tastes but some of the other guys that went with me really enjoyed it. Louisiana and the food down there made up for the laid back more than I like ride though. I think if I could do the trace then make my way over to Cherokee, up the Parkway and then back home that'd make a nice tour of the southeast.

I didn't camp, but I did keep a crappy blog of the trip http://ducatisarge.wordpress.com/

"Speed has never killed anyone - suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: